Since 1673 Chelsea Physic Garden has occupied four acres of land on the edge of the Thames. First established by the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries in order to grow medicinal plants, this extraordinary garden in London has had wide reaching impact around the world.
The Chelsea Physic Garden is London's oldest botanic garden and contains a unique living collection of around 5,000 different edible, useful and medicinal plants that have changed the world.
The Garden opens at 11am (10am for Friends Card Holders).
When you arrive:
- Please have your ticket ready - printed or on your device - before you arrive.
- If you are a Friend, along with your time slot booking, please bring your Friends' card, or email confirmation of Friend category.
- Entrance will be via 66 Royal Hospital Road.
- If you require step free access to enter the Garden please see our Accessibility page.
- So we can maintain social distancing, please arrive within your timeslot. Sadly, if you are late we won't be able to guarantee admission as we have to closely manage our visitor numbers and the ability to maintain social distancing.
- We may have set up new routes. Please look out for any new signs around the garden.
- For your safety, we will initially not open the glasshouses, but hope to do so in the future.
- We advise a visit of 90 minutes to help us manage capacity.
For more information please visit opening times.
Your admission tickets will be emailed to you. You can arrive up to 30 minutes after your allocated arrival time.